About Me

My photo
I'm a writer and library worker who wears many hats. I believe a good book and a good piece of chocolate are the keys to a happy life.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

And They're Off!

Some of you may know that I finished my first “official” novel earlier this year. Since then I’ve been traveling, dealing with family, and filling my writing time with numerous smaller projects. About 3 months ago I began to seriously contemplate what my next book project would be. It took some time, but after letting several choices of nonfiction and fiction ideas duke it out, one finally came out on top: a new novel.


This past month I’ve been gathering information and trying to figure out how to make happen what I want to happen in this new story. It’s involved a lot of research and not a lot of writing. But this morning, the characters I’d created nudged me awake with most of the missing answers about how they fit into the story and how that story would play out. Stupid characters. I’d wanted to sleep in this morning, but now they’re off and running.


On the bright side, since they finally let me into their world, the ideas haven’t stopped flowing and I’ve been in full “write” mode ever since. So, today I’m happy to announce the official start of my next novel: working title— For Such a Time as This. (Can you tell which Bible story I’m working with this time?) ;)


If you’re interested, you can track my progress at the bottom of this blog. I’ve missed my friend Triti’s latest BIAM challenge by not getting these answers in time, so I’m just going to see how far I can get before adding in the upcoming Primary book to the mix. If you see those numbers stop for a while yell at me and tell me to get back to work, okay? I’m excited to see what these characters make of themselves and I hope you will be, too.

No comments: