About Me

My photo
I'm a writer and library worker who wears many hats. I believe a good book and a good piece of chocolate are the keys to a happy life.

Friday, January 4, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year

Some people choose a holiday, or other well known event, as their favorite time of year. For me, I'd have to say my favorite definately comes in the spring.
It's not Easter.
It's the LDS Storymakers writers conference.

This may seem a little strange if you don't know me. If you do know me you'll realize I live for my religion and my writing (well, ok, my family is in there somewhere). To me the very best things that can happen are when I get to combine those two elements.
I am proud to be a member of the Storymakers. I've met some of those I consider my dearest friends among their presence. They understand and share the values and dreams I do. It's an awesome experience to be able to rub shoulders with them once a year at this conference.

There are many types of writer's conferences out there. Some are better than others. But, really, where else can you begin your confernce experience with prayer and come away being filled not only with new ideas and inspiration, new knowledge and techniques, but also with your cup filled spiritually as well. To me, no other group of writers understands how closely related the talents of writing and the seeds of the gospel can be.

So, here's my pitch. If you want to spend the best Easter weekend of your writing life. Join us in Utah for the LDS Storymakers conference. I'd love to see you there!
http://www.ldstorymakers.com/conference.html

No comments: