About Me

My photo
I'm a writer and library worker who wears many hats. I believe a good book and a good piece of chocolate are the keys to a happy life.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Fun and Challenges


I’m counting down to a self-imposed (or family-imposed depending on how you look at it) writing restriction. Soon the time available to get lost in my own little world will be very small. So, in honor of this restriction I will be throwing myself into my writing with a passion for the next month.


During the month of October I will be participating in my friend Tristi’s Book in a Month challenge. Yep, one whole book in a month. Well, okay maybe I’m going a little easier on myself since the book I have in mind is YA not adult, but it’s still going to be interesting. My goal is 50,000 words by midnight October 31st.


Wanna join me? I promise it’s a lot of fun. It’s also a pretty good excuse to consume massive amounts of chocolate and put off housework! (More on the housework thing later in October.)


My BIAM tracker will be posted toward the top of my side bar so you can watch my progress. Don’t let me slack off! After my recent WIP break-up I’ve found a wicked-cool idea that needs to get out of my brain. Strange part is, it wasn’t even a part of the back burner projects I was looking at, just an after thought on how I would treat a certain subject. I love it when that happens!


Hmmm, what kind of hint should I drop?


Let’s just say I’m going to be learning a lot about the gods and goddesses of ancient Egypt. Trust me, it will be cool. ;)


The only weird thing is I usually know what my working title is pretty quickly when I choose an idea- it becomes my “theme” so to speak about how I want people to look at the story. This time I haven’t been able to come up with anything as cool as the subject matter yet. So, some place along the line we’ll have to have a WIP-working-title unveiling party.


Here we go everybody—

Happy Fall and happy writing!

No comments: