About Me

My photo
I'm a writer and library worker who wears many hats. I believe a good book and a good piece of chocolate are the keys to a happy life.

Monday, February 4, 2008

The Idea List

The other day I was cleaning out some old files on my computer and I ran across a list I hadn’t seen in probably over a year. It was an old idea list where I kept track of writing ideas as they occurred to me, or outstanding projects I wanted to go back to.

That idea list was over 100 entries long.

I was surprised to see how many items were on there that I had forgotten about until the list jogged my memory. I was a little disappointed to see how few of the items I had managed to accomplish. I was renewed in my commitment to write a little bit more each day and get some of these things off my list, out of my thoughts and onto the page before I once again forget where I put that blasted list.

Since creating that list, I have gone on to create several more. Each one is filled with my dreams and wishes for my writing career. Each one is a tiny spark inside of me that I’m longing to increase into a warming flame that fills my soul with its light.

It’s easy to forget those types of dreams in the messed-up daily grind of our lives. I was glad for the reminder. I’ve once again vowed to learn to write faster.

2 comments:

Marsha Ward said...

Alison, I've given you the "you make my day" award over on Writer in the Pines. Go pick it up!

Alison Palmer said...

Awe, how sweet Marsha!
Thank you!