About Me

My photo
I'm a writer and library worker who wears many hats. I believe a good book and a good piece of chocolate are the keys to a happy life.

Thursday, December 4, 2008

50,000 Words and Miles to Go

Well, it happened. This afternoon I finally crossed the 50,000 word finish line that had been evading me for the last 2 months. The only problem is I have now blatantly confirmed what I'd been suspecting for the last 20,000 words: the story is far from complete. Darn it.

I still have a couple of major scenes to write and my 50,000 word project will probably end up being more like a 70,000 word mountain. Oh well. It's a good thing I actually like the story, or something, so I have to finish it out just to see the good guys win. (So to speak- "winning" is an arbitrary term when it comes to my endings.)

I am still determined to get this sucker finished in the next few weeks, so here we go. It's always nice to know the finish line is moving away from you the closer you get to it. No wonder so many writers (myself included) are psychotic.

There is no rest for those of us who here voices in our heads. Back to the grind stone I go. Wish me luck!

No comments: